Sunday 24 July 2011

Making Memories!!!

Its been nearly a month and a thensome since I started my countdown.......the one which takes me back to pilani of course! And I've ben diligently counting down each day one-by-one; with just 4 days remaining now. And I'm really really psyched; which goes without saying of course. But then, on second thoughts, why exactly am I happy?? I mean I'm leaving the comforts of my air conditioned room for a dark and dingy single occupancy room; leaving my mom's awesome cooking for the unthinkable mess food .

It's true of course that almost everyone has to make the same transition, but my happiness and excitement is very obviously much more than any of my friends( so much so in fact that my wingies have started an online poll on my wing's secret facebook group about the various reason which could be dragging me back to pilani; some really interesting options on that too!!). So my reasons have to be different than my friends' right?

Well the simplest explanation is maybe I simply enjoy college life more than my peers. Those chat sessions on the hostel roof at night, walking back from class with friends, sampling new stuff at the redi everyday with friends, going to cnot for the ocassional treat, returning from the lib at midnight, jaipur treats with wingies as well as dept friends, late night trips to ANC, wing cricket, playing mafia through the night, the list really is endless. Each of these things are so deeply etched in my memory that life almost seems incomplete without it.

In fact, sometimes I'm scared if I'll get back those same things which I've so fallen in love with. If it were up to me I'd rather relive my first year  than move onto my second. Maybe this tendency of not letting go is what makes me different. Prone to misery, yes; but different. But then of course there's this rational side of my brain which takes over and reminds me that the only reason we look forward to things in life is because they are unknown. Well, conflict between these two parts of my brain's nothing new for me, so I'll just let them fight it out for themeselves!!

Damn it!! I'm getting nostalgic about college even before I've begun my second year. Wonder what's gonna happen when I finally pass out. Dont really wanna think about that right now though. But suddenly I remember my Dad's enthusiasm when he's discussing my college life with me, almost as if he's reliving those moments himself. I remember his words: "This is the single most enjoyable time you will ever have in your entire life. So live it well. Live it so fully that you never have any regrets when you think about it later". And I realise, now's not the time to go back down the memory lane; now is the time for MAKING MEMORIES!


1 comment:

  1. I am sure we share very similar thoughts currently... I'm very, very desperate to get back!

    ReplyDelete